The second wand in the Winter Wonder Wands collection is the Peppermint Wand!
You can’t have Christmas without lots of sweet treats and peppermint is a staple of holiday flavor. The brigtly colored swirls of candy canes is instantly recognizable and loved by so many! It had to be part of the collection. Autumn loved this wand as much as her star wand. She can cast spells of delicious candy magic or even pretend the wand is a big peppermint lollipop!
What you’ll need:
- Approximately 20 yards of DK/light weight yarn in green and white. (Pattern designed in Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in pure black and paper white. Affiliate link to yarn: Love Crafts)
- E/3.5 mm hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Small tapestry needle
- .25″X12″ dowel rod
- Glue gun and sticks
- Fiber Fill Stuffing
Gauge: Finished piece without border should have a diameter of 3 inches.
Gauge is important to your project so your finished piece will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. The hook size for the pattern is based on what I used, but gauge can vary from person to person and be affected by yarn. If your piece is bigger, try using a smaller size hook; if smaller, try a larger size hook.
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches.
- Peppermint is created by crocheting two pieces and then crocheting them together.
- Pattern has all shapes in written instructions with a picture tutorial for assembly.
- Stitches between the * * are all to be repeat number of times indicated total.
- Finished peppermint is 3.25″ wide and 3.25″ tall, wand is 12.5″ long with stick handle.
Stitches and Abbreviations (US Terms):
ch(s) – chain(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
sl st – slip stitch
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
PU – pick up
rep – repeat
WS – wrong side
RS – right side
With Green: In magic circle, ch 1, sc, hdc, 2 dc, pull loop tall to save and drop green (do this each time you drop a color).
With White: PU white in the same magic circle you made with green, ch 1, sc, hdc, 2 dc, pull ring tight, working into sts now, 2 dc in next 3 sts, drop white.
Green: PU green, 2 dc next 8 sts, drop green
White: PU white, 2 dc next 9 sts, drop white.
Green: PU green, 2 dc next 4 sts, *2 dc, dc next* 7X, drop green.
White: PU white, *2 dc, dc next* 7X, dc next 4 sts, hdc next 6 sts, sc next 3 sts, sl st, fasten off white.
Green: PU green, dc next 4 sts, hdc next 6 sts, sc next 3 sts, sl st, fasten off green.
Fasten off both colors.
Move onto assembly of your wand!
Pick your yarn back up with your hook, sc the first st, sk the next and bring the yarn around the stick to sc in the last, sl st to first st to join.
Weave in ends.
Decorate your stick with ribbons or yarn. I like to tie it in a knot and then also glue it into place against the crocheted topper.
Enjoy your new wand!
Coming up is the last of the collection, the Snowflake Wand! Available on 12/12!